A vacation is defined as leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure. Vacation to some is to surrender oneself to total freedom and travel in search of pristine beaches in some exotic destinations. Yet to others, a vacation is when you would want to explore new exotic territories or to adventure into something you had always wanted to do but didn't find the time to. Whatever your desires may be, recreational opportunities abound in Cambodia.
The pristine beaches of Cambodia are described to be amongst the best in the world and what other place is there where one can be mystified by the grandeur and charms of an ancient city such as the Angkor or be romanced by the culture of a populace that was once recognised as one of the most powerful in the continent of Asia. Cambodia - A World of Wonder awaits you.
Here are some recommended activities to entertain you during your visit to Cambodia. Click on them for details.
- Visit the magnificent Angkor Wat, a heritage of humanity and world wonder
- Explore other ancient Khmer temples such as those in Siem Reap, Preah Vihear, Kandal, Takeo, etc
- Tracing frescos and murals of the ancient temples.
- Visit Buddhist pagodas and museums in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh
- Visit monuments in Phnom Penh, e.g. the Independence Monument
- Watch kites flying in Phnom Penh; a tradition dating back many centuries.
- Join and observe the Royal Ploughing Ceremony
- Watch Buffalo Races during Pchum Ben Festival
- Watch boat racing in Phnom Penh & Siem Reap during Water Festival
- Participate in Khmer traditional games and dancing during festivals such as the Khmer New Year, etc
- Visit the indigenous people of the rural areas.
- Visit floating villages of the Kampong Phluk Commune in Siem Reap Province
- Bird-watching is a popular recreation at the Prèk Toal habitats in Siem Reap Province
- Visit wildlife sanctuaries in the Provinces
- Take boat rides on the Tonlé Sap Lake and along the mighty Mekong River
- Watch fishing activities on the Tonlé Sap Lake and the mighty Mekong River
- Kayak through the Mangroves in Koh Kong
- Explore and take a hike through the jungles of the Angkor area
- Rent a bicycle and cycle around the countryside of Siem Reap
- Explore mountain caves/ caverns in Kampot Province
- Trek on elephant back through the jungles of Mondul Kiri or Rattanak Kiri
- Explore and relax on the Tonsay Island in Kèp City
- Enjoy the pristine beaches of Rong Island in Sihanouk Ville
- Visit the waterfalls in Kampot Province and Kampong Speu Province
- Swimming and scuba-diving in Sihanouk Ville, Koh Kong Province, and Kèp City
- Explore coral reefs at the bottom of the sea of Sihanouk Ville
- Boat ride through the mangrove forest at the Ream National Park in Sihanouk Ville
- Spot sea dolphins at the Ream National Park in Sihanouk Ville
- Go sailing and paragliding in Sihanouk Ville
- Island hopping; discover the many islands of Koh Kong Province
- Hike to the Chambok Waterfalls at Kirirom National Park in Kampong Speu Province
- Cruising down the river from the Andong Toek to the Village Chi Phat in the southern Mountain Range of the Cardamom
- Trek the jungles of the Mountain Range of the Cardamom
- Go Camping in the jungles of the Mountain Range of the Cardamom
- Visit the Pong Roul Waterfall on the Srè Ambel River
- Visit the Ramsar wetland in Stung Treng
- Cruise down the Mekong River from Stung Treng to Kratie
- Spot and observe the Mekong River dolphins at the Kampi resort in Kratie
- Trek the Virachey National Park in Rattanak Kiri
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of the Yeak Laom Lake, Rattanak Kiri
- Visit the Bousra Waterfalls in Mondul Kiri
- Visit the Srè Pok Wilderness Area in Mondul Kiri
- Elephant riding in Rattanak Kiri and Mondul Kiri
- Meet the indigenous people of Rattanak Kiri and Mondul Kiri provinces
- Discover the trails of the mighty Mekong River.
When Night Falls
- Watch cultural performances over dinner
- Visit the Casinos in Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Pailin and Bavet
- Visit the pubs, karaoke bars and night club
- Take a night cruise up the mighty Mekong River
- Go to the Night Markets in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap